“What does the Bible mean to you?” is not nearly as helpful or accurate as asking
“What is the text itself saying?
1. HEAR/ READ God’s Word (Rom. 10:17)
2. Salvation / Holy Spirit (I Cor. 2:12-14, Ps. 119:18)
3. Prayer and reliance on the Holy Spirit (I John 2:27, John 14:26)
4. Study the words (look at different translations)
5. Look at the immediate context & look at the whole-Bible context (use Scripture to interpret Scripture, ask “How does this passage fit into the Biblical narrative, which ultimately points to Messiah?”)
6. What do other Christians have to say?
7. Memorize the Scriptures in order to dwell on them (Ps. 119:9-11)
8. Believe & live out what you learn